Finallly finished my build. Hope you guys like it!
Will use it for Gaming and Design. Had to keep it a decent size so I could take it to lan parties.Temps
> Room temp: 27°C
> Idle CPU temp: +-35°C
> Idle GPU temp: +-36°C
> Gaming CPU temp: +-60°C
> Gaming GPU temp: +-70°C (100 % load)
With using the i9 I finally see my 1080 doing some work. 100% load during gaming. Temps are fine and everything runs smooth!
Water temp is a lot lower, about 29°C during idle and 39°C during gaming. Update: Added some pictures with white light for the non-RGB loversUsed fluid
: ekwb cryofuel cloud white solidCoolpaste
: Noctua NT-H1Also used Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, nearly same results but the noctua is a lot cheaper. Customisations
Referbished EKWB rads [white mate paint] and fittings [metallic black paint]
Custom Plexi cutouts for a cleaner look:
- On the SSD in the front
- Cover the back holes
- Cover the opening in front at the radiator (no fan sides visible)
- Cover for the led display
Added addressable RGB to the plexi covers.
(asus software is a bit of a letdown tbh)
Custom sleeved cables, I used Paracord too sleeve them because you can get those in allot of different colors and patterns and they are easy to handle. Don't think I will switch back to normal sleeves anytime soon.
I bought the cooler master verticale mount, customisation requirements to the case were minimal to make it fit.
The led display is a 5inch touchscreen for raspberry pi. I made a small hole to fit the hdmi and USB out my case. Components not mentioned in hardware
- EKWB EK-M.2 NVMe Heatsink - NickelBit better temps, so why not right? ;p
- Thermaltake Pacifica 2 flow indicator Still not enjoying this flow indicator, barely moves if a t all. Tried to loosen it, fasten it, turned it around, tested all the different colours that came with it. Tested it out the loop same result. Does work when I blow on it, but never with water. Another builder mentioned that he also has problems with this :(
- Bitspower touchaque digit thermal sensorThis thing is amazing!
- 2x Cooler Master Addressable RGB Led Small ControllerWorks fine if connected to motherboard with a-rgb. Thought to use it stand alone and set the leds over USB, but to this date the drivers for this thing have not been release. Already mailed CM a few times.. Guess this component might die before the drivers get released :p
All other functions on this thing are working as intended.
- NZXT Internal USB Hub Used this to power my led screen. Also ment to use it with the CM small a-rgb controller, but since the USB drivers are not working I had to use my motherboard to do a-rgb, and the asus aura is a bit of a let down so :(
- 2x Cooler MasterA-RGB 1-to-3 splitter cableWorks as intended, good stuff.
- Cooler Master Vertical GPU Mount KitGood price and great quality
- 2x Alphacool EislichtThis led bar is so pretty! Evenly light the complete area like a cold cathode tube, but has the lifetime and shock resistance of a led light, sweet! Only drawback is the cover plexi. Should be tempered glass so it scratches less easy.
- 5 inch LCD Touch Screen TFT for rpi3/2 B/B +/AI needed to fill the bottom left hole in my case, what better to use then a screen? Workes like a charm!
Think I covered most of it, let me know what you think!