turning the hard drives around really helps with cable management in the visible portions of the case
really big, and really unnecessary
I was a long-time AMD fan from the am3+ days. once Ryzen came out i knew i had to jump on the train and set myself up with their latest push. I jumped the gun a bit pre-ordering their 1st gen and all its bugs but whatever, I was excited and it was the first piece of tech I ever pre-ordered. I always love fire. Red and black are great, reliable colors for a theme, but i wanted a little more. the orange and yellows to accent the reds and black to help deepen all the colors. unfortunately I know nothing about coding so setting up addressable headers and programming a pseudo-random code to simulate fire through lighting wasn't going to be easy. Luckily enough I found out Corsair has an entire program dedicated to modifying patterns in addressable RGB lighting. coupled with their fans and some practice, I got a pattern that emulates flames quite nicely. Before I upgraded I dabbled in aftermarket coolers for my old AM3+ build. The CoolerMaster V8GTS was one of those gaudy purchases that added a little flair to a much more modest build and it seemed like kind of a shame to throw it away. Since I was going to be modding out the case a little and making a custom loop anyhow, I thought I'd try incorporating the old shell and fans into the cooling loop. The radiators on the sides are less than ideal (cheap aluminum from china), but I was really glad i was able to come up with a solution like this that didnt interfere with the design too much. plus it kind of looks like a little engine inside the PC. The rest of the loop sort of took a "least distance with most practicality" sort of path. In a case this big its surprising i almost ran out of room, hence why the motor is mounted to the back in the way it is. Again, it's weird but I love it. I didn't like the fan shroud on the side panel. The case worked great for the style i wanted but other AZZA cases had a much better window panel on the side. I decided to split the difference and cut out some plexiglass and drill screw holes in it and mount it where a 200mm fan would normally go. It's not the best window into the system, but it works for me. the more i worked with this case the more i saw areas where cables almost looked like they were supposed to be stored. in the front bezel was one of those places, another was the sides of the hard drive mount where holes drilled in the side of the mount were conveniently sized just big enough to fit a molex connector through. I started playing around more and more with where these cables would all fit and this was the final product.
the coolant is starting to grow some weird stuff in it which is fine because i think its about time to change it all out anyway. Ive had my eye on this new primochill hue blood orange coolant for a little while now. I think to keep with the theme I'm going to upgrade and update the build when I get some time