Quality time has been put into this and has been planned for months. The themes is following the show of Neon Genesis Evangelion, Unit 01. Still not quite done yet but the big part is finished.
Following the colours of Unit 01 is mostly Purple with green trim on specific parts. Just tried green coolant out to start and turned out way better than I thought; I am keeping it green for a while. Still have some exterior work to do but the interior I can say is done.
The bottom tube has been bent in a way to really show off the block. With 3 bends, not really perfect but enough that it blends in well. This ties in very well with the centre piece. The middle tube which draws the eyes immediately, was a little longer than I was going for. I didn’t really want to try and cut it down to size so I gave it a shot. Once installed I thought the length of the tube was almost perfect. Almost lines up with the disro blocks lines and reaching across the case similar to the first tube.
For the final tube, I have tried many different ways to go for a triple line look. But having the cpu block horizontally made the bends much more difficult and more busy. To really make it work I would have to use an adapter fitting, either a 90 or 45 degree. But didn’t get the look of either. Finally I decided to go with a bend that would hide behind the gpu to cpu bend. Was the best leaving only 2 bends as it gave it a very clean look.