Rough mock up on motherboard and possible gpu placement.
Filled in and sanded down the wood.
Acrylic panel bent and mocked up.
Drilled holes for standoffs through acrylic panel.
Mock of of Maingear Vybe vertical GPU mount.
Mock up of Cable Mod cables.
Initial measurements for the 16mm standoffs didn't account for acrylic panel. Idea for the acrylic panel was last minute.
Mock for acrylic gpu base cover.
There was a time where I can say I didn't like any cases out. So I went the scratch build route. This is just the first iteration.
"Case:" Two leftover pieces of wood from a basement shelf project. It started as a rough napkin sketch with approximate measurements, and ended up being a little larger than I imagined. I also planned on having a handle on top. But after adding the acrylic finish panel last minute during assembly, and then feeling how heavy this actually was, that idea had to be shelved.